Sep 11 2015

Try NexGard For Free!!!

try.nexgard(1)

Try NexGard (beef flavored flea & tick prevention) For Free!!!

That’s right, we are giving away a free month of NexGard! NexGard is a beef flavored, oral flea and tick preventative which lasts for 30 days. It is quick acting, covers more species of ticks than other preventatives, doesn’t cause vomiting, and right now you can try it for free! Just give us a call or stop by to pick up a free dose your furry family members. (NexGard is used in dogs only. If you need help with preventing fleas and ticks in your kitty, give us a call and we will be happy to help!) For more info on NexGard… http://www.nexgardfordogs.com/Pages/about.aspx

NexGard is a Merial product, makers of HearGard Plus. Merial’s Guarantee: If you are not satisfied after using NexGard purchased through a veterinarian for at least three months of proper & consistent application to all dogs in the household, they will give you a refund, replace product, or a free home inspection and treatment by Terminix if necessary. The 3 month rule is key to any infestation because it is based on the flea life cycle. It takes about 3 months and even longer during the cool months to get rid of all stages of the flea life cycle.
NexGard is a prescription product and we need a client-patient relationship to dispense so if you are not a client of ours, don’t worry! All you have to do is stop by with your furry friend (or friends), show us proof of Rabies vaccine, and there will be a $10 Meet & Greet fee to obtain your free dose. (We have to have your pet’s weight to ensure we give you the correct dosage and we also need information from you so that we can get reimbursed for the free dose.) Considering one dose of flea prevention usually cost more that for even an over the counter product, it’s a good deal!

As far as fleas go…It can start with just 2 fleas and before you know it, your house is infested. Left untreated, 1 female flea can reproduce up to 1050 eggs in just 21 days. If you are seeing fleas, they represent only 5% of the population, the other 95% is the eggs and larval stages of the flea life cycle that are living in your furniture, bedding, carpet, etc. Here’s how to fix your flea issues…

  • Step 1: All pets in the household must be on a on veterinary prescribed flea prevention. Over the counter products may work for some, but they are over the counter for a reason. They are products that are slower acting, older ingredients, or can even cause harm to your pet.
  • Step 2: Cleaning up your environment. Fleas like to lay eggs in the carpet, bedding, etc so vacuuming and washing can help get rid of the 95% of the flea population you are not seeing. Fleas can continue to develop in the vacuum so be sure to take the trash out to the curb after vacuuming!
  • Step 3: Call an exterminator. Exterminators have Insect Growth Regulators in their sprays that bombs and over the counter products don’t have. Bombs just kill what is alive at that time (about 5% of the population) but do not address the egg & larval stages. IGRs keep the flea eggs and larvae from developing in the environment to adult fleas. Having land or wildlife (raccoons, opossums, squirrels, skunks, deer, or even feral cats) in the environment will make controlling the flea population difficult so consulting with an exterminator can help. We love Robert Crouch with R.C. Pest Control. He is local and takes good care of us! Give him a call at 210-487-1450 or e-mail him at rcpest@yahoo.com
  • Step 4: Hang in there! It will be at least 3 months to get the infestation under control. A juvenile stage of the flea life cycle cannot be killed by anything we or the exterminator has so the flea has to get through that stage of its life cycle before it can be killed.

Please give us a call at 210-651-1384 or e-mail me at knowltondvm@cibolosmallanimalhospital.com if you need help controlling the fleas in your environment or would like us to set aside some NexGard for you!

LifeLearnAdmin | Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Recent Posts

Location Hours
Monday7:00am – 6:00pm
Tuesday7:00am – 6:00pm
Wednesday7:00am – 6:00pm
Thursday7:00am – 6:00pm
Friday7:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday8:00am – 12:00pm
SundayClosed

Location